Chiropractic Care For Personal Injury
Personal Injury Accident Rehabilitation
Personal injury is a legal term that describes injury to your body, including mental, emotional, and physical injury, instead of injury to your property.
Every year, thousands of people suffer personal injuries resulting in an inability to doing work or participate in activities that were previously enjoyed. These injuries are caused in many contexts—on the road, at work, on the street, and even in the home. Some common causes of personal injuries are caused by auto accidents, work-related injuries, assault claims, slip-and-fall incidents, and product liability.
Personal injury is also among the most common causes of bodily pain that prompts people to seek chiropractic help. The most common personal injuries come from:
- Road traffic accidents – Including Buses, Cars, Trucks, ATV or Motorcycles – Most personal injuries take place on the road. There are about 6 million car accidents in the U.S. each year. Accidents in this category include incidents involving drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
- At work accidents – Work injuries can include carpal tunnel and repetitive strain.
- Slip and Fall or Tripping accidents – From a casual visit to a neighbor to a shopping trip at the local mall, hazards on the property can and do cause accidents resulting in slip and fall injuries.
- Slip-and-fall incidents are the most common types of work-related injuries, with over 9 million disabling slip/fall injuries per year. Builders, electricians, roofers, and painters represent worker categories with high rates of fall injuries.
- Falling is also a major cause of personal injury, especially for the elderly. Approximately 3% to 5% of older adult falls causes fractures. The most common fractures are of the vertebrae, hip, forearm, leg, ankle, pelvis, upper arm, and hand and wrist.
- Amusement Park Injuries – Even a ride on a roller coaster at an amusement park can cause as much damage to the body as a car accident when the head is jerked suddenly and violently in the wrong direction. Head, neck, and back injuries, and even whiplash are commonly reported amusement park injuries.
- In home accidents
- Holiday accidents
- Product defect accidents
- Construction site accidents – Due to the nature of their trade, construction workers find themselves confronted by dangerous, unsafe work conditions sometimes on a daily basis. Serious injuries from construction site accidents occur with alarming frequency throughout the U.S. and Minnesota.
- Sports Injuries are injuries that occur in athletic activities. In many cases, these types of injuries are often due to overuse or acute trauma of a part of the body when participating in a certain activity. For example, runner’s knee is a painful condition generally associated with running, while tennis elbow is a form of repetitive stress injury at the elbow. Other types of injuries can be caused by a hard contact with something. This can often cause a broken bone or torn ligament or tendon.
- Bike accidents and Pedestrian accidents – These types of accidents can be just as serious, if not more so, as accidents involving other vehicles. If the trauma to the pedestrian’s or cyclist’s body is great enough, that individual could sustain injuries that could forever change their lives.
Chiropractic Treatments For Personal Injuries
If you find yourself in a personal injury accident, make sure that you get a consultation with a chiropractor as you may have underlying issues that traditional medicine may have missed or took the wait and see approach on. Don’t let your injury go unnoticed and cause major issues in the future.
When a subluxation has been caused by repetitive stress or overuse, spinal nerves may be impeded. This may in turn negatively affect one’s range of motion, strength, reflexes, endurance, and, ultimately, performance. Chiropractic can help your body restore normal nerve function and help you get back to your peak at home, at work or at play.